Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lego-holics Anonymous

Hello. My name is Kim Kincaid and I am a Lego-holic. It all started with the grandchildren. It was innocent enough, opening that box of brightly colored, interlocking pieces in their organized, sequentially numbered bags for my grandson. But then, he was struggling with a part of the instructions and I...well, I began by reading the directions to him, helping him locate the corresponding shapes. I saw how they fit together...the logic of the design, the soft click when the wheels latch on to the little hubcaps. I was overcome. Soon, my grandson was relegated to assembling the little Lego people, while I finished putting together the buildings with their clever hinged doors and windows. Soon, the bags were empty (except for those few little extra pieces) and before my eyes stood a rescue truck and fire station. We both gazed at the Lego and then at each other and collectively exclaimed, "Cool"! Next, we were pouring over the ads on the back of the instructions, deciding which set Grandma should buy.

At first I waited for sales. But they were too few and far between. Soon, I was buying them regardless of cost. Harry Potter, Toy Story, Atlantis, Star Wars, City, Pirates.... But nothing can compare to discovering the Lego VIP point system. The more you buy, the more points you accumulate...and then you can buy more and then get more points which lead to more Legos and then.....well, you can see my addiction is out of control. That is why I'm here confessing.

But friends, I'm reaching out to you for help because....this June 2012,  Lego will come out with THESE!:


I am in so much trouble here folks. So far, I have Justified my Lego obsession because I share with my grandchildren (as long as they put them away in the "correct" baggie when they are done). But THESE....no way kiddies.

THESE ARE MINE....MY PRECIOUS LEGOS!!!!!!

9 comments:

Lego kids party favors said...

My son had his collection of lego toys.

Rachel said...

Lol at my precious legos. :-)

I haven't been interested in lego before but have to admit the Lord of the Rings one does look tempting.

Unknown said...

Aww crud. We are so DOOMED. We have both Lego AND Lord of the Rings addicts at our house. Hello mortgage re-fi...

Sophie Moss said...

I'm obsessed with Lord of the Rings. In college, my friends snuck a life-sized, cardboard cut-out of Legolas into my room. He's in all my pics from senior year. :)So funny. Have fun with your new toys.

Amy said...

This made me laugh...I am not a Lego addict, but live with several. I do fear the arrival of the LOTR wave...there goes our wallet (and VIP points).

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your great comments. Sounds like I might have some company out there, even if it's more of a LOTR addiction. Lego also announced a new line for the Hobbit movie. Just imagine Smaug!
As June approaches, I will post more. Until then, we can all dream of holding our own "LEGO-las" with his tiny Elfin bow and arrows.

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

Hehehe.... My husband also is a lego-holic! There's a little row of lego vehicles in the back workshop at work and he spends more time with the kids lego than they do! He's just said (looking over my shoulder) 'I want some of those!!'

Carrie said...

THOSE ARE AWESOME!!! I definitely wouldn't be sharing those either!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LEGOS!!! And LOTR legos? AWESOME.