Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Prince Jorg Ancrath


JORG ANCRATH

I have had the privilege of either meeting or interacting with a few authors as a result of drawing fan art. Christopher Paolini, Stephenie Meyer, Peter Brett and Patrick Rothfuss have all taken time to recognize my meager attempts at illustrating the characters from their books. 
I mentioned before what a complex character Jorg is. He's from the Broken Empire trilogy by Mark Lawrence. After seeing my WIP of Jorg on Facebook, he contacted me and said he wanted to send me the third book, Emperor of Thorns as a thank you. Can you believe that?! All the way from England. 
 His gift was so unexpected and generous. I started reading it and of course, like it's predecessors, the book started sucking me into it's pages...something I cannot allow right now with deadlines so I reluctantly handed it to my son-in-law so he could read it. That took a lot of self-restraint but I really want to savor each page free of guilt. 
BTW, the reviews have been fantastic.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's an incredible painting. I can't stop staring at it, trying to decide what elements are the most stunning. I think its the way you achieved such intensity and drama with the colors and the values. Wow!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you so much, Katherine. Every artist wants to captivate the viewer with her work so your words mean a great deal to me.

Kim Rempel said...

"Meager" attempts? Are you kidding? Anyone would be over the moon to have you illustrate a character they wrote! : ))

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thanks so much, Kim.

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful portrait of Prince Jorg.
how awesome that your art inspired a gift! SO fun!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you so much, Tammie.

lori said...

After 35 years of teaching I finally have time to indulge my passion for drawing. Seeing your work and that of other artists simultaneously inspires me and almost makes me despair at how much I have to learn! Thanks for sharing your art and insights.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Lori. Please, do not despair...don't listen to those voices. Fuel those dreams with positive thinking and hard work. I wish you all the best in your journey.