Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Running to Catch up

Shame on me. Two months. Summer months, but still a long time to go without updating. I am going to try to get back to blogging; not just here, but visiting other blogs like I used to. I miss it. I use Facebook to do much of my networking but I miss the interaction and inspiration I receive from visiting blogs and seeing what everyone is doing. So...more blogs; less Facebook.

So, where was I? Here's the update on the Morrigan assignment. I ended up finishing her digitally and not very well. I hope to get back to the sketch and finish her in oils.

 Last month I received an email asking if I would be interested in illustrating the 2016 Astrology Calendar for Llewellyn Worldwide. It's the biggest commission I've ever accepted and though nervous, I'm actually excited to take on the challenge. Here are my thumbnails for Aquarius (my month). I haven't heard back yet but did get their permission to post any progress shots here on my blog.



That's it for now. Next post will be about my experience at Fantasy Con.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I broke out in a smile when you popped up on my reading list--I always appreciate your posts and admire your artwork. That calendar will be on my wall next year. Do a super Aries for me!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you, Suzy. I spent about 30 mins. perusing blogs this morning, including yours.

Amy said...

Kim your work always has a beautiful, ethereal quality! I am trying to get back to blogging, too, and enjoyed reading yours today!

Kim Rempel said...

I'm the same. Always Facebook, rarely blogs. I'm trying to correct that. I look forward to purchasing one of your calendars - what a lot of work it's going to be but so exciting! They picked the perfect artist for the job.